Life Groups: 9:15 a.m. Worship Service: 10:30 a.m.
November 10 was ORPHAN AWARENESS SUNDAY. Teresa and I are very passionate about orphan care and adoption. The need in our world is tremendous. There are over 140 million orphans, worldwide. This statistic should break our hearts. James 1:27 (NIV) says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
People always ask me..."How can I be involved?" I encourage you to check out this link to see how you and your family can be involved: https://cafo.org/
Specifically...How can you become involved? Here are some options to consider:
(1) FOSTER. Nearly 430,000 children in the United States are in foster care today. There are immeasurable benefits when children are taken in by nurturing and loving caregivers. Ask God how He might use your family to bless a child in need of a safe place to live. Contact your local foster care agency to learn more.
(2) ADOPT. Every child deserves to be raised by a loving family. More than 110,000 children throughout the United States are waiting for permanent adoptive families.* These children are currently in the custody of state agencies, which means that their only permanent parent is the state in which they live. The thought of being welcomed into a family seems like a dream for most of them, but taking into account that there are more than 300,000 churches in the United States, that dream doesn’t seem quite so far out of reach.
(3) PROVIDE RESPITE CARE. Foster and adoptive parent need time away to rest, reduce stress or simply be restored. Whether it’s a few hours a week or one day a month, respite care offers these families an occasional and much-needed break from their responsibilities. There are formal and informal ways of providing respite care. You can ask a foster or adoptive family how you can best serve them, or use the National Foster Care and Adoption Directory to find local agencies that can connect you with information on how to become a respite care provider
(4) WRAP AROUND A FAMILY. Any family that welcomes home a new child needs the support of their friends, family and community. This is especially true of foster and adoptive families. If you can cook, clean, drive or baby-sit, you can be a huge help to these families. Here is a link to show you how: http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/117217/WTB/Downloadable_Resources/OrphanCareWRAP_booklet.pdf.
(5) BE AN ADVOCATE. The role of a court-appointed special advocate (CASA) is to represent the best interests of a child in foster care. CASA volunteers are committed to spending time with that child and gathering information from everyone involved in that child’s life. CASAs are expected to provide additional information to the courts as they make decisions that will impact the child’s life. Get more information about volunteering from the National CASA Association: https://casaforchildren.org.
Do you ever find it hard to find joy in life? Are you stressed out? Do you feel overwhelmed? Join us in November at 10:00AM on Sunday's as we look at what God's Word has to say about living a stress free life.
Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV) says, 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Pastor Jeff challenged us on July 14...during the next 12 months...to focus on these 6 things:
* Create a CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
* Build our VOLUNTEER BASE
* Fix up our BUILDING/GROUNDS
* Be creative with our FINANCES
* Become more OUTWARD FOCUSED
* Be OPEN TO CHANGE
Nehemiah 2:18 (NIV) says, 18 I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me. They replied, “Let us start rebuilding.” So they began this good work.
JOIN US ON THIS 12 MONTH JOURNEY AT CROSSVIEW CHURCH!
Join us each Wednesday night!
PASTOR JEFF AND TERESA BEGIN A NEW CLASS ENTITLED, "DARING FAITH" ON OCTOBER 16!
Using the time-tested giving principles that have helped grow Saddleback Church for 35 years, as well as powerful new material from Pastor Rick Warren, Daring Faith provides all of the tools, training, and tips you need to leverage generosity for lasting life change. The six sessions include: Building a Life of Faith, Expecting the Best, Stretching Your Imagination, Taking the Initiative, Facing Your Fear, and Believing While You're Waiting
KEN DAVIS BEGINS A NEW CLASS ON JAMES ON OCTOBER 23!
click here for an updated list of classes
DINNER served @ 5:15PM
CLASSES begin @ 6:00PM
CHILDCARE begins @ 6:00PM